Lasagna Alfredo Recipe
What are the ingredients for the Lasagna Alfredo Recipe?
· 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms
· 6 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut it into bite size pieces to make the cooking process easier
· 1 tbs. Of chopped onions
· 1 tbs. Of olive oil
· 1 minced garlic clove
· 1 tbs. Of all-purpose flour
· 1 cup of Alfredo sauce
· ¼ cup of 2 tbs. Of shredded Parmesan cheese
· 1 egg that is slightly beaten
· 1/2 tbs. of Italian seasoning
· cup of dried parsley flakes
· 4 cooked and drained lasagne noodles
· 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded and partly skimmed mozzarella cheese
Methods for Cooking:
· Using a large skillet, sauté the chicken, onions and mushrooms in oil. Wait until the chicken is no longer pink.
· Add garlic and cook for at least one minute, make sure to stir in the flour until it is blended.
· Gradually stir in the Alfredo sauce.
· Bring in to a boil, reduce the head and then simmer, make sure it is uncovered. This process will usually take 3-5 minutes or until it gets thick.
· Using a small bowl, combine the ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, eggs, and parsley including the cottage cheese.
· After this spread the 1/2 cup of the Alfredo mixture using an 8-inch, and then x4-in in loaf pan that is already coated with cooking spray.
· Layer it with two noodles, trim it to fit the pan, then put half of the cottage cheese mixture.
· Add the remaining Alfredo mixture and 1/2 of the cup mozzarella cheese. The remaining parmesan cheese must also be sprinkled and then repeat the layers.
· Cover and then bake for 30 minutes at 350 degree’s.
· Uncover it and then bake it for 10 minutes longer or until it gets bubbly, and then let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serving size for the Lasagna Alfredo: This recipe can make up to 3 servings.
1 piece of this Alfredo Lasagna contains 621 calories, it also has 30 g of fat, and parts of it are 16g of saturated fat. It also has 173 mg cholesterol and has 1,014 mg sodium as well as 40g of Carbohydrates and 2g of fiber as well as 48 g of protein.
The Total time for preparation and cooking is 25 minutes for the preparation time and the baking time is at 40 minutes+ standing.
Additional Recipe tips:
Spinach, broccoli and zucchini can be added to the dish in order to make it healthier and tastier. Others have also added ingredients like sun dried tomatoes.
The recipe can be altered according to taste, more vegetables could be layered on top as well as additional sprinkling of cheese.